IMPORTANT: StepNpull® will work on any commercial solid core wood or metal door regardless of the door’s size or weight. If the door is abnormally difficult to pull open, adjust the door closer resistance to the ADA standard of 5 pounds maximum.
- StepNpull® should be mounted approximately ⅛" from the bottom and and outer edge of the door.
- Mark the holes with a pencil while holding the StepNpull® against the door at a level mounting position. If a metal kickplate is on the door, drill ¼" holes where marked before moving onto next step. (Only go through metal kickplate, not through door).
- Wood Doors: Once holes are marked, use provided screws to create a ¼" pilot hole. Use the provided sexed bolt for the middle hole, and the 1 ¼" #12 screws for the outside holes.
- Metal Doors: Once holes are marked, use provided screws to create a 3/16" pilot hole. Use the provided sexed bolt for the middle hole, and the 1 ¼" #12 screws for the outside holes. To prepare the center hole, use a 5/16" bit to enlarge the center hole, while drilling through the outer metal skin. (Be sure to keep the drill perpendicular to the door while drilling). Remove any burrs and use Loctite hread locker on all bolt threads.
- Open door fully and check for any interference issues with wall or floor mounted door stop.
- Install instructional decals above door handle.