cuando gastas $50
Welcome to StepNpull Support
Install StepNpull in Under 5 Minutes
The StepNpull foot operated door pull mounts on any commercial latch-less wood or metal door, and gives the user the option of pulling the door open with their foot instead of the door handle. With StepNpull, the weight of the door is not a factor. If an interior door closer resistance is adjusted to the ADA standard of 5 pounds or less, then the user will be able to easily open the door with their foot using StepNpull.Watch Video
Mark the holes with a pencil while holding StepNpull® against the door at a level mounting position. StepNpull® should be mounted approximately 1/8" from the bottom and outer edge of the door. If a metal kickplate is on the door, drill 1/4" holes where marked before moving to the next step (only go through metal kickplate, not through the door).
WOOD DOORS: The barrel bolt is for the middle hole, and the 1¼” #12 screws are for the outside holes. Use a ⁵⁄₁₆” bit to drill the middle hole completely through the door. (Be sure to keep the drill perpendicular to the door while drilling), and use Locktite thread locker on the barrel bolt threads. Make sure the StepNpull is level and then install the two outer screws.
METAL DOORS: Once the holes are marked, use a drill to create 3/16” pilot holes. Use a ⁵⁄₁₆" bit to enlarge the center hole, and then continue drilling through the outer metal skin. (Be sure to keep the drill perpendicular to the door while drilling). Remove any burrs and use Loctite thread locker on the barrel bolt threads. Use the barrel bolt for the middle hole, and the 1¼” #12 screws for the two outer holes.
Hold the StepNpull® against the
door and install the sexed bolt in
the center hole, but don’t tighten
it completely. Check that the
StepNpull® is level.
Install the two outer screws.
Tighten the center bolt, then double
check the outer screws. To avoid
stripping the screw head, use a large
screwdriver or bit.
Open the door fully and check for
any interference issues with the
wall or floor mounted door stop.
Wipe down the door with a clean cloth an appropriate alcohol-based cleaning agent. Allow to dry thoroughly before installing the StepNpull®
instructional decal just above the
Frequently Asked Questions
USING A STEPNPULL
1. As you approach the door, position your body as if you were going to use the door handle.
2. Place your foot on the top of the StepNpull. If you normally use your left hand to pull the door handle, use your left foot on the StepNpull. If it’s more natural to use your right hand on the handle, use your right foot.
3. Press down on the StepNpull just enough to gain traction. This will require a minimal amount of foot pressure.
4. Once you have traction, simply pull your foot and leg back as though you were taking a step. Step and pull. It’s that simple!
We engineered the device to make doors as easy to open with your foot as with your hand. The product has been thoroughly tested and proven safe for over 13 years by thousands of companies that use it in their facilities. StepNpull is engineered to use the same foot motion as taking a step.
Balance is easily maintained because the StepNpull® is mounted as low as possible on the door. This allows the user to remain balanced and in control.
The door’s weight is not a factor, but the amount of resistance the door closer provides will affect how easy it is to use the StepNpull. The door closer is mounted at the top of the door and is responsible for controlling how much effort is required to open it. If an interior door closer resistance is adjusted to the ADA standard of 5 pounds or less, the user will be able to easily open the door with their foot using StepNpull. If, however, an excessive amount of effort is required to open the door, the door closer resistance should be reduced to the minimum amount practical.
Yes. We have contacted the U.S. Department of Labor and verified StepNpull's ADA compliance. Specifically, it was found to be compliant because it does not interfere with ingress or egress. In Chapter 4 of the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, it states: “404.2.10 Door and Gate Surfaces. Swinging door and gate surfaces within 10 inches (255 mm) of the finish floor or ground measured vertically shall have a smooth surface on the push side extending the full width of the door or gate. Parts creating horizontal or vertical joints in these surfaces shall be within 1/16 inch (1.6 mm) of the same plane as the other. Cavities created by added kick plates shall be capped.” Notice that the required 10 inches of vertically smooth surface is on the push side of the door not the pull side. StepNpull is installed on the pull side of the door.
Yes, the StepNpull has been UL has tested and certified. It meets specific, defined requirements based on UL's published and nationally recognized Standards for Safety.
Yes, depending on the physical size of the child and the physical condition of the older person desiring to use the StepNpull. If the door closer is not adjusted properly on the door, it can make it difficult to open just as it would be to use the handle. It's typically the door closer that causes a door to feel heavier than it should.
Yes, we ship internationally. Product typically ships within 10 business days internationally. Shipping time may vary by availability, location, customs and shipping method by boat (14 days) or by air freight (3 days).
- 100 units per box
- Box Size: 12in x 12in x 12in
- Box Weight: 45 lbs.
- Contains 24 boxes
- Pallet Size: 32in x 42in
- Pallet Weight: 1,800 lbs.
Products ship from the US, Vietnam and China.
- 80 units per box
- Box Size: 46.5cm x 27.5cm x 20cm (18.31in x 10.83in x 7.87in)
- Box Weight: 18kgs (40lbs)
StepNpulls are priced individually and include the following:
1. One StepNpull door opener
2. Required mounting screws
3. Installation instructions
4. One directional door decal
With the proper tools, installation typically takes less than 5 minutes per door.
- Pencil to mark the holes
- Level to ensure the StepNpull is straight
- Power Drill
- Drill Bits (1/4" for left and right hole, and 5/8" drill bit for center hole)
- 2 Screw Drivers to tighten barrel bolt from both sides
• Width: 5″
• Height: 1.5″
• Depth: 3″
• Weight with mounting hardware: 1/2 pound
• Material: T6 aluminum with 70% recycled aluminum
• Finish: Powder coat
• Color: Silver (chrome), Copper Vein, Gold Vein and Black
• Other: Instructions and door stickers are included
• Mounting: StepNpull mounts to the bottom corner of a commercial latch less metal or wood door via 3 mounting screws. The mounting hardware includes 3 #12 combo (metal or wood) screws and 1 sexed (barrel) bolt which goes completely thru the door. StepNpull can be mounted on a wooden door using just the screws but we highly recommend using the sexed bolt in the center hole instead of a screw for extra durability. On metal doors the sexed bolt must be used in the center hole.
StepNpull is proudly made in manufacturing facilities in the USA and abroad. StepNpull’s distinctive sleek design was crafted in 2007 and includes trademarked angled front edges.